1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Victorian residents aged 18 or over who hold a Trade Account at SCE System Control Engineering. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin (“Eligible Entrant”).
3. Promotion commences on 01/07/21 and final entries close end of trade on 31/07/21 (“Promotional Period”).
4. Competition is only open within SCE System Control Engineering, 9/621 Whitehorse Rd, Mitcham VIC 3132 or SCE System Control Engineering, 175 Settlement Rd, Thomastown VIC 3074. All stores involved in the promotion will have the promotion advertised in store (“Participating Store”).
5. “Participating Products” include any Rinnai Heater.
6. To enter, Eligible Entrants must purchase any Participating Products from Participating Stores during the Promotional Period (“Eligible Transaction”). Entry into the promotion is automatic. Purchases made in conjunction with commercial tenders or bulk orders are invalid.
7. Each valid purchase will receive one entry into the promotion. There is no limit on the total number of entries within the Promotional Period assuming each entry relates to a separate purchase. However, each Trade Account is limited to only win one prize.
8. Any prize drawn will be awarded to the Registered Business Owner associated with the Trade Account, not necessarily the employee that purchased. There is a limit of one prize per Account Number.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. There will be one (1) draw (“Draw”) conducted from all the entries received. The first five (5) entries drawn will be deemed a Winner. Each Winner will receive the following Prize: a Rinnai branded Off-Road Remote Control Monster Truck. Prize does not include batteries. Each Prize RRP is $120.00 (including GST). Total Prize Pool $600.00 (incl GST). The Prize value is based upon the recommended retail price at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in Prize value between now and the ultimate Prize redemption date.
12. The prize draw will be held on 12/08/21 at 12 noon AEST at SCE System Control Engineering Trade Counter, 175 Settlement Rd, Thomastown VIC 3074. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. Winners will be notified by telephone or email by 27/08/21.
13. The winner must collect the Prize from the Participating Store they made the initial purchase at from 27/08/21 to 29/10/21. Any Prize not collected by 29/10/21 will be forfeited by the Winner and the Prize will go into the Unclaimed Prize Draw. Prize does not include batteries, training or any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize. These are the responsibility of the winner. The winner will be responsible for any expenses incurred in getting to and from the Participating Store to collect the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to arrange a publicity event with photos and a presentation at the Participating Store when the prize is presented to the winner, and if so, these photos may be used for publicity purposes as per Clause 17.
14. Prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of printing (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The Winner is responsible for any fees associated with owning and maintaining the prize. Prize is non-transferable, cannot be exchanged for any other prize, and cannot be exchanged for cash.
15. The warranty on the goods obtained as a result of this promotion is capped at 3 months and is the responsibility of the manufacturer. The Promoter will not be responsible for any malfunction, fault, technical or design error or any other breakdown concerning the Prize whatsoever. The Winner undertakes to liaise directly with the providers of the Prize in respect of any manufacturer’s warranties and/or guarantees and hereby release the Promoter from any liability whatsoever in respect thereto. For clarity, the Winner waives all of its rights to make any claim against the Promoter in relation to any aspect of the Prize whatsoever.
16. A draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place on 18/11/21 the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winners (if any are required) will be notified in telephone and writing (and within 2 business days of the draw) and their names will be displayed the Participating Stores one week following the Draw (if required).
17. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant and (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) use of a prize.
23. The Promoter is SCE System Control Engineering (ABN 99 082 835 292) of 9/621 Whitehorse Rd, Mitcham VIC 3132. Telephone 1800 225 572.